UI for a food cult following
Spring 2020 | 2 months
Capturing audiences with 60 second recipes and heart fluttering comfort food, Buzzfeed’s TASTY has found itself a permanent member of households all over the nation. The challenge of this project was to redesign an app to create a user conscious environment.
01 / Problem
What is the app lacking?
- The guides page looks too constrained
- There is no onboarding experience
- Lacks an overall brand identity and personal feel
02 / Target Audience
Who is using the tasty app?
- BuzzFeed is geared more towards teens and young adults
- Extremely active on social media by giving their audience easily shareable content and autoplay on social media feeds
- Some of its most popular recipes are geared toward the tastes of the millennial consumer
- 50% of BuzzFeed’s 200 million visitors are between 18 and 34 years old.
03 / Solutions
Task_1 / Onboarding Experience
Welcome > sign up > diet selection > meal preference > complete profile
While the user is signing up they can also customize their experience with the app for a personalized viewing experience.
Task_2 / Browsing and Editing Recipes
Personalized viewing experience > search > recipe selection > profile > recipe customization
The user can save recipes that can easily be retrieved and modified via their profile page.
04 / Design System
Through this assignment I was able to create a thoughtful design which took into consideration the users experience. I also learned how to create a cohesive design system that stayed true to the integrity of the brand.
If you made it this far, thank you!